Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Friend and Colleague,
As you know, state mandates for businesses are being updated regularly. At this time, our offices in Indiana are available to treat all types of dental care you might require. However, our Illinois offices, per the Governors mandate, will only treat “emergency” cases for the time being which we expect to change soon. Feel free to contact our offices for more information and they will let you know where you can obtain treatment.
As you are well aware, there is tremendous uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic threat. Transmission of the virus is of paramount concern as is the ability of healthcare providers being able to maintain an adequate supply of personal protective equipment. The Partners of Endodontic & Periodontic Associates take these concerns very seriously. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the guidance of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or procedures that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Social distancing is practiced in our offices as is the use of face masks and gloves.
- Areas of the office are regularly disinfected to reduce possibility of transmission.
- To reduce multiple patients in our waiting room, patients may be asked to complete forms while in their cars and wait for us to call them in for treatment.
- Proper personal protective equipment is worn for patient treatment and by staff in other areas of the office.
We know these are difficult and uneasy times. We will do all we can to ensure that your well-being and care remains a top priority.
The Partners of Endodontic & Periodontic Associates